Terms & Conditions
“Organiser” means Security Cleared Jobs.com Limited
“Exhibitor” means any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted stand space at the Exhibition
“Exhibition” means the event detailed within the Sales Order Form.
2. ALLOCATION OF STAND SPACE:
Upon receipt of the contractual Sales Order Form from the Exhibitor, the Organiser will confirm in writing the allocation of the appropriate stand space and issue a VAT invoice.
3. CANCELLATION OF STAND SPACE:
(1) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking after acceptance by the Organiser, or alternatively the Exhibitor fails to meet the payment obligations (whether as to the amounts or the dates of payment - see Clause 11 below) detailed on the Sales Order Form and/or invoice, then the Organiser reserves the right (without being obliged to do so and without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Organiser) to apply the following cancellation / termination charge and to resell or reallocate such stand space: Cancellation / termination occurring:
(a) 9 months prior to the date of event, cancellation charge of 25% of total cost plus VAT.
(b) Between 3 and 9 months prior to the date of event, cancellation charge of 60% of total cost plus VAT.
(c) Less than 3 months prior to the date of event, cancellation charge of 100% of total cost plus VAT.
(2) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking then written notice must be forwarded to and received by the Organiser by registered post not later than the time scales referred to in (1) above.
(3)The Organiser may resell or reallocate the cancelled stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation charge.
4. REDUCTION OF STAND SPACE:
When an Exhibitor wishes to reduce the size of the stand space booking after acceptance by the Organiser, then written notice must be forwarded to and received by the Organiser by registered post. The Organiser reserves the right to apply the scale of cancellation charge detailed in Section 3 above to the total cost, in proportion to the amount of space by which the original stand space is reduced. The Organiser may resell or reallocate the stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation charge. The Organiser shall not be obliged to accept the Exhibitor's notice of reduction.
5. RELOCATION OF STAND SPACE:
Should it be necessary for the Organiser to revise the layout of the Exhibition floor plan for any reason, the Organiser reserves the right to transfer the Exhibitor to another stand space within the Exhibition without recourse to compensation, unless the stand space is reduced in size in which case the cost of the stand space shall be reduced proportionately.
6. OCCUPATION OF STAND SPACE AND STAFFING
Access times and contracted breakdown times for the venue will be advised in writing in advance. Exhibitors must be ready before the doors open on the day and cannot be removed until the doors close.
Exhibitors must staff their table tops at all times during the display hours.
In the event that the Exhibitor fails to remove all of their property, furniture and waste material from the Exhibition venue by the end of the contracted break-down time on the final day, these items will be removed and the Exhibitor will be solely liable for all costs incurred in such removal, storage and/or disposal. Neither the Organiser, the venue, nor any of the show contractors will be liable for any damage to such property or any loss incurred by the Exhibitor in these circumstances.
7. OBSTRUCTION OF GANGWAYS AND OPEN SPACES
Exhibitors will not be allowed to display exhibits in such a manner as to obstruct the light or impede or project gangways or affect the displays of neighbouring exhibitors.
Gangways must be clear and free for passage. All emergency exits and access to service areas are to be kept clear at all times. They must not be restricted or rendered unrecognisable. Public gangways shall remain the means of escape even during build up and dismantling periods. Any Exhibitor who continues to cause obstruction or nuisance after notice has been given will be liable to have his stand closed by the Organisers at the Exhibitor's expense and risk.
8. CONDUCT OF EXHIBITORS
The Organisers may restrict displays which, because of noise, acts, odours, costumes, gimmicks, method of operation, materials or for any reason, become objectionable to the Exhibition. In the event of such restriction or eviction, the Organisers are not liable for any refunds or rentals or other exhibit expense.
9. FIRE AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Exhibitors must follow instructions given by the venue and Organisers to avoid the risk of fire. All exhibits or portions thereof must fully comply with applicable health, fire and safety regulations. No combustible decorations, such as crepe paper, tissue paper, cardboard or corrugated paper, shall be used at any time.
(i) The use of balloons filled with flammable gas is prohibited.
(ii) The use of explosives and dangerous combustible materials is prohibited.
(iii) The use of propane gas, butane and similar gases is prohibited.
(iv) The use of flammable liquids is prohibited.
10. PROHIBITION OF TRANSFER:
The Exhibitor must not assign, sub-let nor grant licences in respect of the whole or any part of the stand space allocated to them without the prior written permission of the Organiser.
11. PAYMENT OF STAND SPACE:
Payment is to be made to the Organiser by the Exhibitor in accordance with the agreed Sales Order Form. If payment is not received as per the agreed Sales Order Form the Organiser reserves the right to apply the scale of cancellation / termination charges to the total cost as detailed in Section 3 above. The Organiser may resell or reallocate the stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation / termination charge. The Exhibitor shall however remain fully liable for any amount outstanding on this booking.
12. BANKRUPTCY OR LIQUIDATION OF EXHIBITOR:
If an Exhibitor being an individual or business becomes bankrupt, is issued with a receiving order or makes a creditors arrangement, or in the case of a Limited company, goes into liquidation or has a receiver appointed, the contract with the Exhibitor shall be terminated. The allotment of stand space will be cancelled and all sums paid shall be forfeited.
13. PROMOTION AND PRESENTATION:
The Organiser shall have sole discretion as to organising and promoting the Exhibition in such manner as considered appropriate and reserves the right to amend or vary the manner or methods of such organisation and promotion without explanation or liability.
Any statements made by or on behalf of the Organiser as to attendance projections or methods or timing of promotional activities shall constitute only general indications of the Organiser's promotion and organising strategy, and shall not amount to any representation or warranty.
The Exhibitor acknowledges that the Organiser shall not be held responsible for the failure of all or any other contracted Exhibitors to attend the exhibition or the failure of any number of attendees to attend the Exhibition for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser. The name of any Exhibitor which may appear on any floor plan or stand number or any statement made by or on behalf of the Organiser that any Exhibitor is booked to attend, booked provisionally or otherwise shall not constitute any warranty, representation or undertaking by the Organiser that any such Exhibitor shall attend any Exhibition or attend any particular location. Any application for space shall not be conditional on the presence or location of any other Exhibitors at the same or any other Exhibition
14. CANCELATION / ABANDONMENT / POSTPONEMENT
(1) In the event that SecurityClearedJobs.com cancels or abandons the event we will refund any revenues paid directly from the Exhibitor to SecuritryClearedjobs.com
(2) In the event of any postponement, relocation or limitation of the Exhibition, any restriction on the use of the premises or any part thereof, or any failure of the services provided therein, beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, the Exhibitor or his agents or contractors shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser in respect of any resulting loss or damage and the Exhibitor's liabilities to the Organiser shall not in any way be affected.
(3) The Organiser accepts no responsibility if delivery of goods and materials or the execution of work is held up or prevented by any cause beyond their control, including without liability the generality of the following:
(a) Strike, lock-out, labour disturbance or restriction;
(b) Failure by the Exhibitor, his agents or contractors to give instructions or supply the necessary stand plans in due time.
15. EXHIBITOR & CONSEQUENTIAL LIABILITY:
(1) The Exhibitor hereby accepts total liability for all acts or omissions of himself, his business, directors, employees, servants, contractors, agents and visitors, and undertakes to indemnify the Organiser against any and all liability in respect thereof and against any and all actions, legal suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever, which may be taken or made against the Organiser or incurred or become payable, which arise there from or in respect thereof. This includes any and all claims arising from death, personal injury and the supply by the Exhibitor of merchandise or samples of any kind whether such items be sold or complimentary, plus any and all legal costs, compensation, disbursements and expenses should these be paid by the Organiser on the advice of Counsel to compromise or settle any such claims. The Exhibitor shall NOT be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of revenue, goodwill, profits, data, anticipated savings howsoever caused.
(2) Neither the Organiser, venue owner, shell scheme contractor nor any of their employees shall be responsible for the safety of any exhibit or property of any Exhibitor or any other person, or for the loss or damage of or destruction to the same by theft, fire or any other cause whatsoever, or for any and all loss or damage incurred or sustained by the Exhibitor by reason of any defect in the venue building or structure caused by fire, storm, tempest, lightning, national emergency, war, terrorism, labour dispute, strike or lock-out, civil disturbance, explosion, accident, force majeure, or any other cause not within the control of the Organiser, whether foreseeable or not, or for any consequential or financial loss or damage caused by reason of any such event happening or the building becomes wholly or partially unavailable for the Exhibition.
The Organiser, upon receipt of payment for the stand as set out in the Sales Order Form, will take out and maintain a contract of insurance providing cover to the Organiser in accordance with the summary of terms. If any situation occurs which may give rise to a claim under such insurance cover, the Organiser shall notify its insurer within seven days of receipt from the Exhibitor of written notification. The Exhibitor must submit in writing details of the proposed claim promptly including the circumstances, which may result in a claim.
In the event of any such claim, the Exhibitor agrees to provide any information as requested by the insurer, or any person appointed by the insurer to investigate the claim, and the Organiser shall send to the Exhibitor copies of any correspondence with the insurer in relation to the claim. In the event that the claim is made by the Organiser under its insurance cover, the Organiser shall pay or arrange to pay that part of any proceeds of the claim that relate to the loss, over to the Exhibitor. The Organiser is under no obligation to commence legal proceedings or threaten the same in relation to any such claim. The Exhibitor shall use due diligence and best endeavours in all matters relating to the claim whether before or after a loss, and must take all reasonable precautions to prevent any injury, loss or damage. The Organiser does not provide any advice concerning its insurance cover and it is for the Exhibitor to read the summary of terms of the Organiser’s policy and to decide if it is adequate.
Exhibitors are reminded of the need to consult their Insurance Company or Insurance Brokers to cover themselves fully against all risks at the Exhibition. Particular attention is drawn to the need for the following:
(i) Abandonment Insurance: Exhibitors will note that the Organisers are not obliged to return any money paid for space in the event of cancellation or restriction of the Exhibition.
(ii) Stands, Fixtures and Similar Insurance: All risks on loss or damage to the Exhibitor's property, fixtures, fittings and all other property of a similar nature such as personal effects of directors, principals and employees whilst on the Premises and transit risks from the Exhibitor's premises and return.
(iii) Public Liability: Liability to the public may arise out of the Exhibitor's activities and must be covered by insurance. A minimum amount of £5,000,000 is required.
17. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION:
These terms and conditions shall be constructed in accordance with English Law and the Exhibitor hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.