How many spare NHS beds will there be next week and are our healthcare services going to run out of ventilators? How can the UK Government identify and tackle fake news when millions of posts are uploaded each day? Is it possible to predict which one of a million financial transactions is fraudulent and prevent it? These are just some of the questions our Associates help answer every day.
We are a world-leading Artificial Intelligence (AI) company - and we build, deploy and operate custom-made solutions to solve problems that our clients often consider impossible. We believe that AI should be trustworthy, impactful and beneficial across society. Those principles have shaped our work with more than 230 organisations across the public and private sectors, as we help them use AI to understand more deeply, make better decisions and act faster.
As an Associate, you will work directly with our customers to understand and explore their business needs and challenges then translate and frame those for our brilliant team of Data Scientists and Engineers to build solutions that solve problems of staggering importance and complexity.
What you will be doing:
- Working directly with customers across a wide range of industries to solve problems using data science and artificial intelligence
- Owning and managing project workstreams.
- Working closely with our teams of Data Scientists and Engineers to deliver maximum value.
- Supporting project delivery by facilitating standups, retrospectives and planning meetings.
- Developing high quality reports and presentations for customers.
- Supporting business development by interrogating client briefings and devising a compelling story of how Faculty can meet their needs.
What you will be great at:
- Working with customers – you'll enjoy spending time with them explaining complex concepts in simple terms, listening, developing material, sharing findings, and planning next steps.
- Getting stuck-in - you’ll thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, proactively identifying opportunities to contribute to Faculty and the success of the projects we work on.
- Writing first-class reports – you’ll enjoy communicating technical concepts and findings in high quality reports for our customers.
- Developing your own skills – a desire and ability to learn will be one of your defining characteristics.
- Being technically curious - Whilst this role does not require you to write code or build models, you’ll seek to develop a more detailed understanding of data science through asking questions and participating in optional internal training session
- A bachelor's degree (2:1 or higher)
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Preferred experience
We are looking for people that might have:
- Some experience working in consulting, project management or client facing business / technology roles
What we can offer you:
The Faculty team is diverse and distinctive, and we all come from different personal, professional and organisational backgrounds. We all have one thing in common: we are driven by a deep intellectual curiosity that powers us forward each day. This curiosity pushes us to seek truth and understanding in everything we do, to execute work in a nimble and pragmatic manner, to foster talent in one another and always to challenge assumptions.
Faculty is the professional challenge of a lifetime. You’ll be surrounded by an impressive group of brilliant minds working to advance our goal of making artificial intelligence real. Our consultants, product developers, business development specialists, operations professionals and more all bring something unique to Faculty, and you’ll learn something new from everyone you meet. You’ll also have the opportunity to make your mark on a high-growth start-up now poised to expand internationally.
Fostering talent is one of our core values, it’s built into our culture and what we offer. An incredible, unique learning and development system: Faculty was founded by people who are passionate about continuous learning, and adding value to our people. Genuinely flexible working: We believe people have needs, responsibilities and interests that require something different to a strict working day. We trust people to organise and take accountability for their own work and do our best to support their lives outside Faculty. Equity, we want you to benefit from Faculty’s growth and success. Unlimited holidays: We encourage each other to use this time to take a break, work on personal projects, or to spend time with their friends and family. Fantastic private health, optical and dental cover, including 24/7 unlimited virtual private GP appointments. Breakfast and more fruit, drinks and snacks than you could ever eat (for office-based employees). Did we mention Yoga? You’ll make friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime. We work hard and make sure we enjoy what we do. So we have frequent socials and informal get-togethers to help make sure you enjoy your time with us.