Lead Network Engineer
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Lead Network Engineer within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology.
The role is primarily responsible for the design, support, maintenance and overall operation of Raytheon’s network estate. The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to expert level in core network technologies and is responsible for providing expertise, technical leadership of change to network infrastructures and key projects and programmes and input to the design and operation of Raytheon UK’s LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Provides defect management through innovative complex problem solving to support the successful transition of network services to live
- Supports critical activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Including switching, routing, encryption, security, optimisation, VoIP, wireless and appropriate management tools.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical network configuration and device hardening across hardware, software, cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and voice communications networks.
- Supports project/programme managers across the project lifecycle providing key artifacts such as high- and low-level designs, estimates for relevant technical work and troubleshooting for effective defect management
- Production of innovative safe and secure network solutions that comply with RTX policies
- Ensure all work is documented to highest standard (designs, operational support guides)
- Responsible for ensuring network design changes integrate seamlessly with the existing environment and implementation occurs in accordance with enterprise standards
- Collaborate with operational teams as necessary to ensure safe transition of services
- Be accountable for making network changes in line with change governance processes and standards
- Deep knowledge of network systems, including design, troubleshooting, infrastructure (hardware, software and telecommunications), maintenance and operations.
- Direct experience in building scalable and highly available distributed networks.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed network systems.
- Expert in routing and switching - CISCO IOS and NX-OS knowledge is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting VoIP, DNS, IPAM, VPN & IPSec, BGP & OSPF routing, load balancers, optimisation technologies and proxies in an enterprise environment.
- Production of high quality design and support documentation and project artifacts as required
- Strong familiarity with network monitoring and management tools.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices.
- Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence technical experts in other technical competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (minimum) CCIE preferred
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- ITIL qualification
- Prior experience of defence or highly regulated technical industry.
- Cisco ISE
- Citrix ADC / Netscaler
- Wireless network configuration and build.
- Cisco CCIE Certification
- CISSP, CEH, Brocade Fibre Channel switching, TOGAF
- Suitable business and/or technical leadership skills in technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations.