PubSec DevOps Engineer - Tewkesbury
At DXC Technology, delivering excellence for our customers and colleagues is more than just a motto, it’s something we strive towards constantly through our work. Every day we deliver mission critical services in a secure environment whilst promoting our people first agenda, a real sense of community and a healthy work-life balance. Our consistently positive customer feedback and continuous growth helps us cement our place as one of the world’s leading IT solutions enterprises, helping us deliver services and solutions in both challenging and exciting situations.
We believe that hiring a diverse team is crucial to our success and our recruiting decisions are based on your skills and experience as an individual. We actively encourage consistent growth on our journey towards a culture of inclusion and recognise that the people we employ are vital to providing a great customer experience. As such, we have a variety of training, support, and tools available to aid in your continual personal and professional development. Our ongoing goal is to drive innovation and modernise operations across the board, which includes furthering the skills of our colleagues. At DXC, building a better you, builds a better us.
At DXC, one of our platinum accounts has openings for hybrid working Cloud Developers for varying skill levels. This role will include working as part of multidisciplinary team to design and develop solutions such as using Azure/AWS as well as datacentre/private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open-source software which delivers value to the customer.
- Interacting with project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organisational strategic direction.
- Advising our customer on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using automation.
- Understanding security policies and implementing solutions to satisfy security requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- An interest in keeping up with emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- A flexible and Agile way of working within a fast paced and everchanging environment.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
Desirable Skills and Technologies:
- Experience and knowledge of AWS / Azure and Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g., Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef.
- Familiar with (or ability to learn easily) the following languages: Python, bash scripting, React, Go.
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing cloud architecture and technologies in AWS environments.
- Experience with web application services such as NGINX, Apache, JBoss.
- Experience of Test Driven or Behaviour Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions using Robot, Selenium etc
- API development and integration (preferably using Go but not essential).
- Knowledge of OpenShift Containerisation, RHEL 6,7,8, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring systems e.g., ELK, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Toolset.
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks and workarounds.
- Understanding of database schemas and query languages.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines e.g., Jenkins, Terraform, Bitbucket, GIT repositories, Concourse, Team City etc.
- An understanding of how to deploy and configure AWS components to adhere to tight security requirements.
- Awareness of security identity, access management and authentication using products such as ADFS, SSL/TLS Certs, OIDC, OAUTH2, Keycloak or Redhat SSO.
What we will do for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Pension scheme
- DXC Select – Our comprehensive benefits package (includes private health/medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym membership and more)
- Perks at Work (discounts on technology, groceries, travel and more)
- DXC incentives (recognition tools, employee lunches, regular social events etc)
Please apply here