PubSec Senior Professional Architectural Engineer
At DXC Technology, delivering excellence for our customers and colleagues is more than just a motto, it’s something we strive towards constantly through our work. Every day we deliver mission critical services in a secure environment whilst promoting our people first agenda, a real sense of community and a healthy work-life balance. Our consistently positive customer feedback and continuous growth helps us cement our place as one of the world’s leading IT solutions enterprises, helping us deliver services and solutions in both challenging and exciting situations.
We believe that hiring a diverse team is crucial to our success and our recruiting decisions are based on your skills and experience as an individual. We actively encourage consistent growth on our journey towards a culture of inclusion and recognise that the people we employ are vital to providing a great customer experience. As such, we have a variety of training, support, and tools available to aid in your continual personal and professional development. Our ongoing goal is to drive innovation and modernise operations across the board, which includes furthering the skills of our colleagues. At DXC, building a better you, builds a better us.
At DXC, one of our platinum accounts has an opening for a hybrid working Senior Professional Architectural Engineer. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who will have proven hands-on experience in an engineering background specialising in either VMWare and Virtualisation or Linux. The candidate should also be passionate about conceptualising, designing, and resolving architectural problems and be able to switch between system design/architecture, hands on development, implementation, and client engagement activities.
· Work closely with the Account Solution Architect to design, and implement innovative approaches to their problems and challenges
· Have a deep technical understanding and to support engineers in the build and development of POC’s and have a hands-on approach to designing and implementing solutions which have high availability, achieve performance metrics and are scalable
· Helping to shape, evolve and document the architecture that underpins the existing platforms and services and lead their on-going transition from legacy systems to cloud based architectures.
· Interacting with project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the complex business environment, technical context, end client requirements and organisational strategic direction.
· Advising our customer on the latest technologies and methodologies
What you will bring to the team:
· Enthusiasm for collaboration and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· An interest in keeping up with emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
· Effective time management and organisational skills
· A flexible and Agile way of working within a fast paced and everchanging environment.
· Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work
· Demonstrates a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity to achieve a positive result
· Is a self-starter, overcomes obstacles and is driven to succeed
· Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
· Rapid adaptability in terms of technology and approach are key
Desirable Skills and Technologies:
· Either strong Linux sys admin and KVM skills or VMware - ESX, vCentre, Clustering, HA, DRS, vRealize, Update Manager, hardening, storage integration, deep trouble shooting
· A proven track record in technical computing-based environments
· A deep understanding of Linux and its broader eco system
· Deployment automation technologies
· The ability to code, especially Infrastructure as code
· Network design, implementation, and administration
· A track record in the design and application of systems, leveraging automation technologies
· A deep understanding of Virtualisation and Container technologies
· Design of large, complex systems including practical experimentation and development skills
· Has both technical breadth and depth and great client engagement skills
· Knowledge or appreciation of some the listed technologies; Foreman; Puppet; Satellite; Ansible; Nagios; AI/ML; Big Data; Elastic Search; IaaS; PaaS; HPC; DevOps; AWS; Azure; Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift; Linux based applications
What we will do for you:
· Competitive compensation
· Pension scheme
· DXC Select – Our comprehensive benefits package (includes private health/medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym membership and more)
· Perks at Work (discounts on technology, groceries, travel and more)
· DXC incentives (recognition tools, employee lunches, regular social events etc)
Please apply here