Pubsec Senior Scrum Master - Tewkesbury
Scrum Master- Pubsec
At DXC Technology, delivering excellence for our customers and colleagues is more than just a motto, it’s something we strive towards constantly through our work. Every day we deliver mission critical services in a secure environment whilst promoting our people first agenda, a real sense of community and a healthy work-life balance. Our consistently positive customer feedback and continuous growth helps us cement our place as one of the world’s leading IT solutions enterprises, helping us deliver services and solutions in both challenging and exciting situations.
We believe that hiring a diverse team is crucial to our success and our recruiting decisions are based on your skills and experience as an individual. We actively encourage consistent growth on our journey towards a culture of inclusion and recognise that the people we employ are vital to providing a great customer experience. As such, we have a variety of training, support, and tools available to aid in your continual personal and professional development. Our ongoing goal is to drive innovation and modernise operations across the board, which includes furthering the skills of our colleagues. At DXC, building a better you, builds a better us.
At DXC, one of our platinum accounts has positions for hybrid working Scrum Masters for varying skill levels. This role will oversee projects and products for our clients while working as part of a multidisciplinary team, and will be highly organised, dynamic, outcome-oriented with excellent delivery management skills. The Agile Scrum Master is responsible for enabling teams to deliver high quality outcomes, to remove obstacles or impediments to progress and facilitate project meetings.
What you will bring to the role:
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly agile rituals efficiently.
- Remove impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress or guide the team to remove them by finding the right personnel/process.
- Track work progress to identify blockages and developer/engineer divergence from allocated tasks.
- Guide the team, Product Owner and organisation on how to use Agile methodology/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and lead by example.
- Facilitate stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
- A positive and proactive “can-do” attitude, working with peers and colleagues to drive solutions.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, enthusiasm and tenacity to achieve a positive result.
- A self-starter attitude, overcoming obstacles and being driven to succeed. Work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
What you will bring to the team:
- Guide the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels.
- Good skills and knowledge of true leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g. numerous burndown techniques, issue tracking, technical debt, Scrum event formats, backlog management, etc).
- A recognised Scrum Master certification; CSM, PSM I, PSM II.
- Prior experience on a Scrum team.
- Familiarity with software development.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement etc).
- A background knowledge of Atlassian tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
What we will do for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Pension scheme
- DXC Select – Our comprehensive benefits package (includes private health/medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym membership and more)
- Perks at Work (discounts on technology, groceries, travel and more)
- DXC incentives (recognition tools, employee lunches, regular social events etc)
Please apply here