Software Developer (Burton)
Are you a talented scientist, mathematician, engineer or software developers who is interested in helping us develop cutting-edge software and simulations in a range of industries including in the transport, government, defence and energy markets?
The applications we develop are rarely straightforward, we support our customers in delivering novel technologies, approaches and software requiring a real technical appreciation and understanding of the real systems they support.
You should have an interest in developing professional software to allow users to investigate and solve complex and current problems which will make a real difference to end users and their work.
You will be involved in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle from User Experience and GUI design, implementing and deploying new applications, and improving and advancing in-service software.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with our clients to fully understand their needs and requirements and produce innovative and imaginative software empowering them to deliver insight and value.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collate and understand complex requirements from customers presenting them in clear and concise manner
- Produce workflows and GUI mock-ups for customers considering UX and Human Factors requirements
- Design application modules, classes and methods for the team to follow
- Efficiently implement the application to industry standards and processes
- Generate test plans and manage the verification of applications.
- Implement DevOps pipelines to manage the entire SDLC
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A background in science, mathematics, engineering or computer science
- A proven track record of software development illustrating your interest in modern programming technologies either through education, work or personal projects
- An ability to discuss and present complex topics in an understandable way
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable internal and external network development
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Consultancy skills in stakeholder management, business development, expectation management and requirements elicitation
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Apply Here: https://apply.workable.com/frazer-nash/j/0995149274/