Founded in 2006, CACI IIG is an exciting, growing and progressive business unit within CACI UK. We currently have over 280 intelligent, professional and engaging staff. Through a rigorous emphasis on quality, the company has grown considerably to become one of the UK’s most well-respected Software Engineering consultancies.
CACI IIG support government departments to use information intelligently to make mission critical decisions and advance the security, sustainability and prosperity for the UK.
As a Software Engineer, you will join one of our small, fast-paced, agile delivery teams; using agile methodology and DevOps techniques to build backend systems, data processing pipelines, and progressive web apps for customers in the UK Government and Defence sector.
Software Engineering at IIG consists of a wide range of responsibilities, the list below gives a flavour of some of the tasks you may be asked to undertake;
- Implementing software solutions including design, development and testing
- Use a wide range of technologies, specialising in the use of open source libraries and components
- Use tools such as GitLab to build continuous integration pipelines, which help monitor and ensure software quality and security
- Deploy software systems to a mixture of environments including public (AWS and Azure) and private cloud
- Full Software Lifecycle involvement: project concept formalisation; requirements analysis and specification; software architecture design; software implementation and delivery; software training and support and software lifecycle and maintenance
Our Software Engineers enjoy working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects, so we want our team to have a proactive and can-do attitude to our work. We pride ourselves on keeping up with emerging technologies and delivery best-practice so it is important that you enjoy learning and continuous improvement.
You will ideally have exposure to;
- Contemporary software engineering including selection and application of appropriate technology and patterns
- Confidence developing full-stack solutions as a polyglot developer/engineer
- DevOps and the techniques which enable it - including virtualisation, containerisation, continuous integration, continuous deployment and infrastructure as code
- Working with high-level stakeholders - both internally and externally
- Working in agile environments using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
All applicants need to be eligible for a full UK SC security clearance.