If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Following the growth and expansion of projects across Space, Defence and Intelligence, we are looking to build capacity through additional Architect roles. These opportunities will allow the right person to shape compelling value propositions for new clients building upon new cutting edge and successful existing technical capabilities. Initial work will be focused on supporting new business acquisition; proposal / solution development / technical assurance.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
What you can expect from us
Business is transforming fast. And at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
The ideal candidate will have had some or all of the following:
- A track record of working with Information Systems, Cyber, ISR and/or C2 solutions, preferably with an awareness of ISTAR, LeTacCIS and/or Multi Domain Integration;
- A track record of Technical Design of Open Architectural Solutions;
- Knowledge of the GDS Service Standard and
- A track record in the ideation, design, implementation and/or acceptance of complex ICT delivery projects.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Candidates will have gained significant exposure to the Defence Sector, through client side, innovation/experimentation, R&D, or delivery programmes. They may have a background in architecture, systems engineering or infrastructure. An understanding of relevant MoD policies, procedures, and standards (e.g. JSP 604, 440) and/or familiarity with Defence Systems at higher classifications is an advantage.
- Develop and recommend solution options aligned with client requirements and business objectives;
- Develop technical designs which ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met;
- Drive the technical quality of proposals and delivery ensuring alignment with technical governance;
- Produce effort and cost estimates for solutions;
- Manage technical issues and risks;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Technical Design (Essential);
- Solution Estimation and Planning (Essential);
- Client Engagement Skills;
- Knowledge of key architecture frameworks & tooling (e.g. TOGAF, NAF, MODAF, Archimate);
- Technical Governance / Assurance;
- Proposal Development;
- Complex Project Management;
- Agile / Incremental Project Experience.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.