Azure Systems Engineer
If it takes seriously complex IT systems to keep your organisational skills challenged, and you’ve never encountered a network you didn’t want to improve, there’s a digital revolution brewing in the UK that could use your talents.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
The CGI-led team provide a client-side technical support service providing a broad range of technical and consulting skills, using experienced subject matter experts to support our clients design and delivery of projects and programmes.
Due to the secure nature of the programme, you will need to hold the highest level of UK Security Clearance, or be eligible to go through this clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The role will involve providing SME insight as part of a wider team, acting as a 'customer friend' to the clients delivery team throughout the engineering lifecycle. The systems engineer will be expected to lead and facilitate technical engagement meetings with a range of stakeholders, including those from supply-side vendors, and the user community.
Advice and consulting is integral to our client's ability to ensure compliance with the requirement, promote best practice and conduct detailed reviews of the solution/service design.
• Providing SME insight and an understanding of the technical requirement and business need, where we are acting as a 'customer friend' to an MoD delivery team.
• Providing technical assurance through the development of the service/solution.
• The systems engineer will be expected to lead and support technical engagement meetings, ensure compliance with the requirement, promote best practice and conduct detailed reviews of the proposed design.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Have a solid track record working within the "Defence Industry", with proven track record working with systems at AS and S, coupled with an understanding of policies and standards including JSP 604
• A proven track record in design, implementation and acceptance of complex ICT delivery projects
• Working knowledge in systems engineering and system accreditation in Defence, for systems at AS and S
• Proven knowledge of ICT and ITSM delivery in Defence.
• Track record of working in the Defence Digital environment is strongly preferred, ideally having also spent time in roles providing advice and support to client teams.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.