Join our organisation, where we have a huge variety of projects on-the-go at any one time. So, when you start this role with us, it could take your career wherever your interests lie. You'll find everyone here is willing to pitch in and help because we all want you to succeed, and we're ready to help you grow.
When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So, talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.'
As a Business Analyst in Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) you'll have all the support you need to succeed. Working in a team that uses contemporary and traditional approaches, you'll examine, assess and develop ways to increase the value of our client's output for positive real-world outcomes. And with the huge variety of projects we have on the go – from local schemes to high profile programmes – you'll always have something challenging to get involved in.
Our consultants help to develop and grow our business. This may include contributing to bids, developing new business propositions or researching potential new markets. We want you to help us grow our business by:
- Managing and working within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver excellent results for our clients.
- Analysing processes and operations, using appropriate tools and techniques to identify improvements in accordance with client objectives. This will include workshop facilitation to engage people, gathering inputs to your analysis and sharing ideas and conclusions.
- Preparing reports and presenting to a range of client stakeholders.
- Contributing to the development of operational improvement tools, techniques and methods that build capability within our teams.
- Contributing to sales – including bid development, sales presentations to clients and supporting development and delivery of marketing campaigns.
We are looking to grow our team and are looking for people with core logical skills who are keen to pursue a role in business analysis.
What you can bring?
You may have started your career at another consultancy and are looking to move somewhere with a different approach, tailored to client need. Alternatively, you may have successfully delivered from within a company and feel ready to expand your own skills.
Ideally you will have a relevant degree or professional qualification (such as BCS CITP status, ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA accreditation). You will have experience of agile and/or waterfall delivery. Equally you may have gained relevant BA skills within a complementary, but different role.
Additionally, you will display the following characteristics:
- A passion for developing technically, professionally and behaviourally.
- A collaborative team-player who delivers great results and operates to high standards and business ethics.
- An ability to deal with competing tasks and operate successfully even when under pressure.
- A strong emotional intelligence with ability to flex your style to suit different stakeholders.
- You’ll be confident and self-assured, putting forward your views and conversing effectively with senior stakeholders.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be professional as they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.