Senior Business Analyst
London / Gloucester / Manchester
A unique opportunity for an able and ambitious Business Analyst to operate and deliver demonstrable customer value at the forefront of Raytheon’s significant Cyber delivery and investment in the UK.
As Business Analyst within our Engineering function, you will take ownership of the definition and delivery of user requirements for one or more of our present and future range of significant customer delivery projects on the account.
There will be a significant amount of engagement with project colleagues and end customers to ensure that the resultant deliveries are fit for their intended purpose.
- Assess, plan, manage and deliver user requirements under both Agile and Waterfall frameworks.
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Elicit requirements using a variety of techniques, including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to assess information needs and functional requirements and document these in suitable artefacts, e.g. functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Display strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and project delivery team
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Interact professionally and flexibly with a diverse group of stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Work closely with development team colleagues and project organisations to execute implementations to maximum effect.
- Participate actively in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- As a responsible individual within a busy account, it is expected that the role holder will also actively engage across account functions to support Raytheon bid opportunity qualification and the proposal response process, including technical and resource planning and estimating.
Skills & Experience
- Formal training and demonstrable experience in functional, data or BA roles, modelling business processes, end-states and solution implementations.
- Suitable tooling experience, e.g. DOORS, Atlassian suite.
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and time-boxed developments – including understanding the value of this method in relation / comparison to waterfall processes and methodologies.
- Being able to articulate these intelligently, with a view to leveraging techniques to provide value to the team/enterprise (e.g. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs etc).
- Strong practical experience of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Strong delivery ethos, backed up by evidence.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills. The ability to converse on both technical and non-technical levels.
- A high level of business acumen and ability to both quickly acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how these may be best satisfied.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK.