Category Manager- Security Cleared
Application URL: https://smrtr.io/6SRff
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Due to increased workload and securing of new clients within the Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors, Turner & Townsend has a new opportunity for a Senior Category Management Consultant to join our growing Contract Services division across all our UK based hub offices.
To be considered, you must be SC cleared
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- develop supplier relationships within a category or categories,
- work with an outstanding team of specialist consultants,
- advise major clients on large scale / flagship projects,
- challenge themselves in a market leading global business.
The wider Contract Services team also includes specialists in procurement and sourcing strategy, contract management, claims management and dispute resolution services. The intention is to develop the right applicant within the Contract Services division, offering a distinct opportunity to rapidly progress their career within an entrepreneurial, defined and growing division.
The individual will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled team delivering best-in-class strategic procurement and contract advice, including end-to-end procurement services to one of our key account clients.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for our blue chip client portfolio.
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a Senior Category Management Consultant.
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- Provide Category analysis, planning and reporting, including spend analysis, market analysis, benefits tracking and category planning.
- Define, develop and implement Category Sourcing Strategies and Category Plans.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and define category insights to support innovation and provide additional value.
- To manage end to end procurement services on major projects and programmes.
- Support the development of the procurement services provided by Turner & Townsend.
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
In particular we are looking for an individual with strong experience across the following:
- Category Management
- Category Sourcing Strategies and Category Plans
- Procurement strategy
- Good knowledge of public sector procurement rules (including OJEU/FTS)
- Supply chain intelligence
- Contract development
- Commercial modelling
- Contract Management
- Risk Management across a category or portfolio
- Supplier evaluation strategies
- Contract drafting; terms, negotiation and award
- Performance Management and Supplier Relationship Management
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be SC Cleared
- Preferably possess degree related to quantity surveying, law or procurement and/or be MCIPS.
- Excellent experience of various forms of contracts with particular focus on NEC and JCT.
- Confident, independent and able to work autonomously without need for supervision.
- A strong background in Category Management within relevant sectors
- Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable, with a determination to succeed.