Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Malvern, England, GB
Location - Malvern or Remote
QinetiQ have built a cloud-native AWS landing zone, providing staff and customers with access to standardised services, security controls, and patterns for adoptions. We’re also looking to expand to Azure and other cloud platforms. There is a huge drive in the company to adopt cloud technology - alongside others that compliment it, such as: Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD of infrastructure and cloud configurations, containerisation, and DevOps generally. We evangelise these technologies internally and to our customers.
About the role:
This is a new opportunity for a Cloud Software Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals delivering new and exciting systems into the Defence environment. This role is suitable for an experienced software develop[er with experience of cloud technologies (primarily AWS). Working under the direction of Senior Engineers and Architects, the successful candidate will:
- Advise and shape technical cloud best practice for projects, working with the technical lead to shape and deliver future capability
- Play a key role in delivering critical work packages
- Create and implement designs that reflect the major benefits of cloud such as scalability, availability, redundancy, and security
- Work with other engineers to provide consistent and novel ways of working, design patterns, and cross-team working
The successful candidate will be an experienced software Engoneer with experience working with AWS in a professional environment. You will have knowledge of multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, etc) and have Infrastructure as code experience, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
A number of the following would also be useful:
- Experience with infrastructure DevOps processes and tooling (automated testing, CI/CD, pipelines etc)
- Use of Gitlab (or use of equivalent tools in the Atlassian Toolset)
- Experience of containerisation and microservices
- Experience working in an Agile environment with the associated tooling
- Experience of software, systems or data design
Above all, a desire to learn new skills and motivation to be at the forefront of cloud related technology is paramount. In return you will work with a dynamic and forward thinking team that will offer you the chance to apply your skills across a range of projects. You will be supported with your continuous professional development, allowing you to develop and grow as the team expands.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. People around the world depend on us for their safety and security, and to enable the safety and security of others. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Our is a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Come and find out how you can play a role