Cloud Specialist - 149981
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. Our mission focused work is innovative, inspiring and technologically challenging in a way that makes every day different and stimulating. We provide the opportunity to work on rare projects, with exciting tools and brilliant people. Everyone has access to unparalleled professional and personal development opportunities and your contribution is always valued. (SSG)
You’ll be leading the design and delivery of our cloud based solutions by setting their technical direction, working directly with our customers and be deeply hands on in their implementation. You will also have a key role in the development of our cloud strategy, how it will be implemented, what technology we use and defining our ways of working.
You’ll also get line management exposure, using your own cloud and professional experience to drive ongoing professional development for the junior members of the team – so a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills too.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Working directly with our customers to understand their requirements and evaluating the applicability of cloud to the problem space.
• Providing the technical direction for the build and delivery of world class secure cloud based solutions, through the creation of high and low level designs.
• Be hands on in the build and development of cloud based solutions.
• Translating architectural designs into infrastructure-as-code defined solutions.
• Working with support teams to enable management and monitoring of cloud based systems
• Ensuring compliance of cloud systems with security policies and regulatory requirements
• Acting as a cloud subject matter expert and evangelist, leading organisational cloud adoption strategies and embedding best practice approaches.
• Line Managing a team of more junior cloud architects and developers, with responsibility for assigning tasks and their own going professional development.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Internal and external stakeholder management and engagement
• Understanding of, and adherence to the AWS Well Architected Framework
• Knowledge of the AWS Global Infrastructure and Availability Zones
• Able to use AWS VPC, Subnets, Routing, Gateways, Peering and VPNs to design robust cloud network architectures
• Experience with network ACLs, Security Groups and associated controls to limit network access to cloud resources
• Use of CloudWatch and other AWS and 3rd party security services to design bespoke monitoring and alerting solutions for cloud deployments
• Designing architectures based on container based platforms (e.g. ECS, EKS, Fargate, OpenShift)
• Writing infrastructure-as-code (particularly Terraform) to define cloud systems.
Security Clearance: The nature of our work means you will be expected to obtain and maintain a DV clearance, so if you don’t currently have one, we will need to undertake pre security checks before starting the role with us.