The AMS Practice manages, enhances, and maintains custom applications or packaged software by infusing smart automation & robotics, the usage of Agile and DevOps methodologies, and a drive towards continuous delivery & deployment. With an integrated, comprehensive application development, application management and testing approach, we focus on adding business and IT value to our clients.
We assign content designers from our practice to customer projects. Content designers make things easier for people to understand and use. This can involve working on a single piece of content or on the end-to-end journey of a service to help users complete their goal and government deliver a policy intent. In this role your work may involve the creation of, or change to, a transaction, product or single piece of content that stretches across digital and offline channels.
We are looking for professionals with demonstratable evidence of working with Agile/Scrum. The role will work as part of a multiple disciplinary teams ensuring the accelerated application development across our clients.
The role may require frequent travel to client sites, several days a week.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills, and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
You'll be expected to travel to customer and Atos sites UK wide, working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available. Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC clearance
Essential Duties & Responsiblites:
As a content designer you will:
- Respond to requests for content changes
- Create, improve, and publish user-centred content. Dependant on your level this may be with direction from more senior content designers
- Use analytics data, user feedback and user research to identify user needs
- Assist your team in designing content plans
- Collaborate with stakeholders on content updates and manage policy and legal checks
- Work in an agile team to support delivery and improve publishing processes
- Contribute to the content design communities
Skills we can’t do without:
- Create, iterate and manage user-centred content
- Make complex processes and language easy to understand
- Can identify users who they are and what their needs are
- Can formulate hypotheses, gain insights from data and user research and use those to make informed decisions to create and improve content
- You have experience of writing, editing and publishing user-centred content for digital audiences
- Communicate and work with stakeholders to understand their issues and user needs, to improve user journeys and content quality
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Coordinate multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery
- You know about agile methodology and can apply an agile mindset to your work
- You are able visualise your work in context to show stakeholders any changes or proposals you’ve made using the most appropriate methods for different audiences and purposes
- You take an overall perspective on issues, events, activities and discuss their wider implications and long-term impact
Skills we’d like:
- SC Cleared or ability to obtain SC Clearance
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Content Designer role
- Experience of working within the Government Digital Service (GDS) environment and standards
- Previously worked with Government agencies such as HMRC, DWP, HMCTS, Home Office etc
- Experience of writing content using HTML
- Work with content publishing systems
- Good Understanding of accessibility standards
To apply: https://atos.net/psd-uk-job-opportunities