TVS are a leading, global supply chain services provider implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. We are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of organisations within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe and the rest of the world as part of the $6bn TVS Group we are determined to be different; our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider.
We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Analyst to be deployed onto site at Abbey Wood.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The role is responsible for modelling and analysis activities within an embedded team supporting various platforms at DE&S in Abbey Wood. You will be providing advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Modelling and Analysis strategy, policy and solutions. This will include regular
interaction with both internal and external parties and involves advising customers on complex
Responsibility for carrying out logistics modelling and data analysis, including inventory and
supply chain, to support DE&S and the Front Line Commands in accordance with agreed
business processes and the standards laid down in the Support Chain Analysis
- Supporting and advising the Operating Centre on the development and implementation of a pan Defence analysis and modelling including simulation policy;
- Supporting modelling and simulation for inventory planning activities;
- Providing support to Project Teams and Front Line Commands for all analysis and modelling activities including inventory and supply chain; and Responsibility for creating and maintaining an analysis/modelling capability to meet the needs of Project Teams pan-defence.
Duties will include:
- Interpret management information to support the delivery of Modelling and Analysis strategy and policy
- Maintain an understanding of the latest software and methodologies for modelling
- and analysis
- Scope, plan and deliver projects to an agreed set of business requirements, cost,
- timescale and quality parameters;
- Work alongside colleagues in the wider Integrated Logistics function and relevant
- OCs to ensure their activities align and implement relevant risk mitigation strategies;
- Identify, query, extract and manipulate data for analysis using appropriate toolscand techniques.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Specific knowledge acquired by obtaining a technical/professional qualification and/or post graduate qualification or equivalent.
- Project management experience in Modelling and Analysis and other areas of Logistics including Supply and Support Chain
- Knowledge of core Modelling and Analysis techniques and software (including Opus 10, Simlox, Catloc, Access, Excel and SQL);
- Knowledge and ability to engage as an SME with multiple stakeholders across the business and relevant third parties, to support the delivery of the Modelling and Analysis strategy, policies and processes
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in an engineering or logistics subject, or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management competences.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.