We are a delivery consortium comprising Atos, Mercator, Opencast, and EY, with Atos as prime, and we are jointly committed to working in an inclusive and collaborative way to ensure the delivery of outcomes for our customer HMRC. Our joint purpose is to provide HMRC with Agile Software Development and Delivery Teams that will extend and enhance HMRC’s technical capability and capacity to respond to increasing demands across the department, delivering transformation of their existing services and making them more accessible and intuitive for citizens.
Essential Duties & Responsiblites:
The Delivery Manager will work with Developers to contribute to the following generic team responsibilities as and where appropriate:
- High level requirements and change requests are established, technical options are identified, estimates are provided, and impact assessments informed in line with the Digital Service Standard.
- Technical stories defined and non-technical stories refined (working collaboratively with the BA)
- Security level, legal responsibilities, privacy issues and risks associated with the service are addressed
- Areas of technical risk are identified and de-risked with technical spikes
- Definition of “ready” (for development) and “done” are defined.
- Service integration approach established (with the products), where applicable.
- Hosting and service wrapper requirements are defined.
- Code reviewed by peers and other team members.
- Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond are built.
- Code development for each story follows the agreed best practice.
The Delivery Manager should have a recognised Scrum master qualification from Scrum.org or similar.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC Clearance
- The Delivery Manager will champion the following working practices ensuring adoption by Developers and other members of the team:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, using Agile principles and other methodologies in a way which aligns with the values and goals of the project and wider organisation.
- Work with service managers, product owners and business analysts to identify and define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team in ensuring that reuse of components is maximised, and development effort is minimised.
- Collaborate with the team’s UX Designer, Content Designer and User Researcher to build web interfaces that satisfy user needs.
- Maintain and encourage high standards of practice.
- Be responsible for their work from design to post-deployment support
- Use their expertise to guide and shape the design of the product
- Keep a user focused mind-set and consider the impact of their work on the user’s experience
- Spread their knowledge through the team
- Take technical direction and guidance from their team’s Architect and Tech Lead
- Take design direction and guidance from their team’s Solution Architect, UX Designer and User Researcher
- Support the activities of the project teams as necessary to prepare for any necessary gating and assurance processes
The Delivery Manager should demonstrate experience of the following:
- Manage software development using various agile and lean techniques
- Guide and coach a multi-disciplinary team ensuring agile best practices are used to deliver high quality products and services.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the official Scrum guide and other methodologies.
- Use Jira and similar tools, including familiarity with sprint boards, ticket types, workflow, labels, components, releases.
- Run ceremonies, including having techniques for running retrospectives and use of associated tools
- Facilitate story refinement and story point estimating.
- Create and maintain documentation in Confluence and similar tools
- Manage sprints running inside programme increments.
- Manage software releases using:
- traditional gate-approval based deployment
- modern continuous integration/continuous deployment methods.
- Be articulate and demonstrate strong communication skills.
To apply: https://atos.net/psd-uk-job-opportunities