Desktop Support Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The role of the Desktop Support Engineer is to help resolve technical problems and answer queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems. Diagnose, identify, isolate and analyse problems utilising historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services. Ensure that all requests from users are logged, updated and closed in line with operational level agreements.
- Install, configure and deploy computer system hardware and software including but not limited to operating system and application software.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Assist the Network and Server team to ensure that the appropriate patches, hot fixes, and service packs are installed on company-owned or licensed software in a timely manner.
- Assist Network and Server administrators with scheduled maintenance and assist in performing network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Follow all Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Assist with the Identification and resolution of potential security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform all information systems operations activities, including checking error logs, verifying integrity of systems, performing disaster recovery drills and maintaining operations logs.
- Provide technical, operational and training support to departmental personnel for all computer related equipment, peripherals, accessories and components.
- Research and evaluate new software and hardware technologies which could enhance the computer system.
- Suggests ways to improve department workflow. Keeps manager informed of problems or issues.
- Customer focused and communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of employees.
- Maintain hardware/software inventory.
- Provide on-call technical support for low-side and high-side environments.
- Ability to write business correspondence and technical documentation.
- Must be prepared to travel to other supported sites ( UK and EMEA ) on a need to basis.
- An engaging and 'can do' attitude.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Mobile Phone MDM solutions
- Knowledge of SCCM, Active Directory, Exchange and Collaboration tools – Zoom, Webex and MS Teams.
- Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and M365, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Skype for Business
- ITIL Certified, MCP Certified
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
- Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
- Clearance requirements: Post-holder must be willing and able to hold and maintain UK Government security clearances