Engineering Project Manager
Empowering projects in a complex world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
As a Consultant Project Manager in 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T), you'll be part of our P3M Delivery Practice. In your role, you'll enable organisations to achieve maximum benefits from digital transformation and innovative operations. You'll work directly with clients, identifying, shaping and managing better delivery capabilities. You'll be supported to lead your own work packages or Agile delivery teams across our markets.
We are looking to attract experienced candidates with a proven delivery and consulting background with an emphasis on Project Management within Engineering Design discipline.
You will have been engaged in delivery management and consulting roles with at least five years project management experience.
The roles are suitable for candidates who have a background in Project Management in complex engineering environments. Working from within our P3M Delivery Practice, you will primarily work leading Multi-disciplinary Atkins Teams delivering Engineering Design solutions for our clients.
You will also be expected to make a contribution to Practice and Business development. This may include leading bid teams as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets.
What you can bring?
- Proven track record with at least 5 years’ experience of project delivery management.
- Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM, MoR, MSP).
- Experience and understanding of delivering Multi-discipline Design / Infrastructure Engineering solutions ideally with an Engineering Qualification.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience, understanding of Contracts (ideally NEC 3/4 experience) and ability to effectively manage Scope and Change.
- Issue and Risk management.
- Good knowledge of financial processes including project cost control and ability to report financial data.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting, with P6, Microsoft Project or JIRA experience desirable.
- Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers is desirable.
- Experience in the defence sector is desirable.
- Awareness / experience of working within CDM regulations desirable.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.