Finance Project Management Officer
If you’re happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI you can help shape it. Our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you deliver transformative digital work for high profile clients.
The Project Management Officer (PMO) / Finance Analyst will be part of an established team that supports a growing portfolio of complex projects and programmes. PMO will work very closely with internal (Directors) and external (MoD) clients. PMO provides services that adheres to process's and standards, while ensuring best practice is implemented.
The successful candidate must be driven, have good attention to detail, great understanding of finance coupled with strong knowledge of using excel. If you are a self starter, able to work with minimal direction and strive to meet deadlines then we want to hear from you. We offer fantastic opportunities for development and you will be supported throughout with mentoring and training.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the financial element of the PMO service
- Acting as the central point for any finance queries on any of the projects/programmes in our portfolio and liaising with the PMO Lead and Finance Controller where further clarification is required
- Support Directors with Project Reporting, Risk Management, Resource and Forecasting, Financial Management, Schedule & Planning
- To complete Financial and Project Reporting, Time and Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition process, Expenses, Allowance
- To manage Bids / Change Requests, Purchase Orders, Invoicing, Accruals, Tasking Order Forms, Credit notes, Subcontractors relationship, Contract Amendments
- To assist with Project Set Up / Closure, Security, Admin, Office IT Admin
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Attention to Detail
- Good understanding of Finance
- Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving
- Recognised Finance / Accounting qualification
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. P3O, APM) or willingness to attain this
- Self-starter, highly motivated, resilient, and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Track record using Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.