HR Business Partner
Dstl Porton Down or Dstl Portsdown West
About the job
As a HR Business Partner you will lead the translation of business area plans into strategic HR interventions across the employee lifecycle to support and enable delivery of medium and long-term business objectives and return on investment. Operate as coach and trusted advisor to Division / Functional Leaders and their senior teams, supporting them to build organisational effectiveness and improved capability.
In this role you will:
• Strategy & Planning - work closely with senior managers to design, plan, prioritize and deliver business strategy people elements, ensuring alignment and integration of people and organizational priorities with business goals, and achieving an appropriate balance between risk and opportunity.
• Strategic Resourcing & Talent Planning - support senior managers in organizational design, re-structuring and workforce planning to meet future business needs, and identify, commission and oversee appropriate talent and resourcing activities from HR that delivers the right people in the right place at the right time with the right skills and behaviours.
• Change Management - partner senior managers in planning and implementation of business change activity, assess and manage its’ impact on people and working practices, and ensure organisational culture, climate, values and environment support and enhance organisation performance and flexibility.
• Learning, Talent & Leadership Development – determine and commission L&D strategies and solutions to develop the necessary skills and capabilities to meet business objectives, provide feedback, challenge and coaching to senior managers to aid their personal development and support the development of the leadership capability.
• Workplace Climate & Engagement - partner senior managers on strategic employee relations activity that enhances levels of openness, trust and engagement, thereby minimising workplace conflict and risk, enabling a positive workplace climate and enhancing productivity and workforce performance.
• HR Delivery Model Enhancement – act as advocate for the business in securing improvements to HR Expert policy, process and HR Business Service delivery, and drive stronger HR awareness of business priorities so that HR interventions are relevant, high impact and business perception of HR is enhanced.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Ability to think and act strategically across the employee lifecycle, a broad knowledge and experience of all aspects of HR, and evidence of applying and project managing progressive HR and OD interventions to sustain superior business performance.
• Strong business insight and credibility, understands business performance drivers and risks, and ability to problem solve and select high impact HR interventions, tailoring as appropriate to suit the context.
• Able to play a key role in championing the people aspects of managing change, as project manager and operating as coach and mentor to senior managers (including team coaching), constructively challenging where necessary.
• Strong team player who can build effective working relationships, trust and credibility with senior managers through provision of insightful advice that influences and shapes their thinking.
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be British Citizens who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to understand the work you will undertake to protect us from any security threats. For this reason, we regret that only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years. For some roles Developed Vetting will also be required, in this case you should have resided in the UK for the past 10 years.
If you are a current Dstl employee, you are encouraged to inform your line manager of your application as they can support you through the process and should you be successful it will help in negotiating a release date.
Dstl is strongly encouraging blended and flexible working either at one of our sites or from home or both. We want to empower you to undertake your duties at the most appropriate location for the task, however you will be allocated a Dstl site as a base. You may be required to travel to other Dstl and MoD sites as required.
We particularly welcome female and ethnic minority applicants and those from the LGBTQI community, as they are under-represented within Dstl at these levels.