The AMS Practice manages, enhances, and maintains custom applications or packaged software by infusing smart automation & robotics, the usage of Agile and DevOps methodologies, and a drive towards continuous delivery & deployment. With an integrated, comprehensive application development, application management and testing approach, we focus on adding business and IT value to our clients.
We assign interaction/UX designers from our practice to customer projects. An interaction designer works out the best way to let users interact with services and products in terms of both overall flow and at the level of individual design elements.
We are looking for professionals with demonstratable evidence of working with Agile/Scrum. The role will work as part of a multiple disciplinary teams ensuring the accelerated application development across our clients.
The role may require frequent travel to client sites, several days a week.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills, and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
You'll be expected to travel to customer and Atos sites UK wide, working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC clearance
Essential Duties & Responsiblites (that we cannot do without) :
As an interaction/ UX designer you will:
- Create prototype, wireframes, mock-ups, workflows, user flows, site maps, and storyboards, interactive design, graphic design, information architecture
- Proficient with tools such as Sketch, Invision Studio, Balsamiq, Axure, and GOV.UK Prototype Kit
- Interpret evidence-based research, identify user issues/pain points and important needs, engagement with websites, platforms, and services and incorporate into your work
- Understand the usability issues of a diverse population, and develop ways of engaging those users
- Design a consistent user experience across mobile devices and desktop platforms
- Collaborating with user researchers and content desginers to test, iterate, and launch products and services that satisfy stakeholders
- Liaise with Product Owners and Stakeholders to clarify requirements
- Work with Business Analysts on refining and updating designs aligned with business requirements
- Liaise with development teams to clarify feasibility of a design and ensure the UX solution is correctly transitioned into development
Skills we can’t do without:
- Ability to iterate on designs rapidly and devise multiple variant concepts for testing
- Develop interaction design and user interface to meet user needs and accessibility standards
- In-depth knowledge and experience in user-centred design approach
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical boundaries, understanding the context
- You can identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and can use quantitative and qualitative data to turn user focus into outcomes
- Be able to deliver Information architecture, user journeys, task models, User flows, site flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- You can prototype in code, and you understand security, accessibility, and version control
- You know about agile methodology and can apply an agile mindset to your work
- You understand the importance of team dynamics, collaboration and can give and receive constructive feedback
- Can work independently
Skills we’d like:
- SC Cleared or ability to obtain SC Clearance
- At least 3 years’ experience in a interaction/UX role
- Experience of working within the Government Digital Service (GDS) guidelines and standards
- Experience participating in GDS assessments
- Previously worked with Government agencies such as HMRC, DWP, HMCTS, Home Office etc
- 2 years+ proven experience of using the GOV.UK Prototyping Ki
To apply: https://atos.net/psd-uk-job-opportunities