Interactive Media Developer
Interactive Media Developer
Summary of Role:
We are looking for an Interactive Media Developer with experience of Web Technologies and Unity. You will be responsible for the development of creative interactive solutions and visual concepts to support training within a military environment.
The Media Developer reports to the Media Manager for the delivery of high-quality interactive Web/Unity content. You will be expected to manage your media development content through design phases for discovery, interrupting storyboards, attending design reviews and publishing content for remote and classroom delivery.
Main duties include:
Produce interactive media content for the Royal Navy’s (RN) training courses in accordance with the Media production process and RN Style Guide. The Interactive media is to be developed in Unity and or Web based development tools. You will be responsible for building the interactive functionality of the learning content.
- To produce interactive media in accordance with best practice in areas of Web Design and Multi-Media
- Creation of media/animation sequences
- Develop content from storyboard concepts/themes
- Produce media content in line with project delivery timelines and resources
- Support the Graphic Design output of the establishments, including large and small format.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Raytheon and MoD policies
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks such as assisting the other areas within the Raytheon when required
- Employees are responsible for their own Health and Safety and that of work colleagues and customers
- The nature of Royal Navy training requires a high degree of flexibility for all Raytheon (Team Fisher) staff; there may be a requirement for travel to other sites within the UK.
The ideal candidate has a background in Unity based interactive media design, is comfortable working within a standardized development environment, thinks creatively, is confident, excels in a collaborative team atmosphere, and is detail oriented. A professional attitude, ability to follow technical and workflow processes, and solid communication skills are essential.
- 5 years’ experience in creating and developing media content with intermediate levels of proficiency in the development of Unity projects
- Must be organized and work well both independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to comprehend/interpret technical and non-technical information and apply it to visual media and animations
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- To effectively communicate with stakeholders outside of the media team to gather technical information necessary for developing media content
- Knowledge of web design standards, responsive design and UI/UX design
- The successful candidate must be able to qualify for SC security clearance.
Experience in developing interactive training (e-learning, multimedia).
Experience with Adobe CC Suite including Photoshop/Illustrator.
Experience of creating courseware content
Understanding of Quality Assurance procedures.
Required Education and experience:
HNC (or higher) or 5 years relevant experience in the Media Development industry for interactive content.