Principal Commercial Specialist
Role: Principal Commercial Specialist
Req ID: 187549BR
Summary of Role
Contracts professional able to manage a portfolio of contracts across multiple sub-business area within Raytheon UK, supporting the Cyber, Space and Training and/ or Weapons and Sensors business. The role requires the individual to be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the business.
The candidate should be able to work without appreciable direction, exercises some latitude in determining approach to managing routine and non-routine Contracts of moderate value and complexity.
The role will require the individual to undertake proactive contract management and when required support and/or lead bidding activities to deliver proposals to customers. The individual should be able to interface internally and externally at various levels of the organisation.
- Preparation and briefing of Contract Management Plans and Strategies/Plans at business area and programme level.
- Development of innovative contract solutions in support of responses to customer proposal requests (RFP/ITT/ITN’s etc)
- Provide support and input into PQQ’s
- Negotiates non-standard contracts/ agreements and changes
- Able to identify, interpret and advise strategy for dealing with terms and conditions
- Identifies and manages risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with Customers and other project team members
- Responsible for programme financial management associated with contract obligations
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting contract compliance and performance obligations
- Responsible for forecasting cash milestones and timely raising of invoices for payment
- Data management and maintaining formal records of contractual transactions and correspondence
- Functional representative at customer reviews providing the required contracts inputs
- Able to fully represent the function at all business level reviews (e.g, MRB’s, Programme reviews, Gate Reviews, etc).
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for senior management reviews
- Supports relationship management initiatives
- Ability to work on Defence, Commercial, Space, Training, Aerospace and Cyber related contracts.
- Undertakes proactive contracts management
- Related degree or equivalent
- Sound understanding of UK MoD Terms and Conditions, Commercial terms, and a general understanding of International contracting requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Sound understanding of Contracts Policy, TermGuide and the ability to create a coherent CREW Tool output (memo’s and briefing).
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract management process
- Have experience working on a range of difference contracting types, such as Service Delivery, Development, Production, Time & Material, Fixed & Firm Price.
- Ability to think and act beyond contracts management/contracts bidding responsibilities
- Good working knowledge of import/export requirements
- Able to create a detailed flow down of terms and conditions for the Supply Chain to create the subcontract
- Strong task management skill set
- A good understanding of risk management, programme Gating and reporting metrics
- Experience and understanding of programme financial management (including EAC’s)
- Takes responsibility and follows through on tasks to ensure completion, understands and properly prioritises tasks, delivers quality products on schedule
- Participates in/ leads functional improvement activities
- Ability to lead contracts management activity and interventions when necessary
- Experience of collaborative working in ISO 44001 environment
- Experience of working with suppliers
- International contracts management experience
- Knowledge of Teaming Agreements and MoU’s
- Team leader experience
- Strong network of industry/ internal contacts
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience working on Defence, Commercial, Space, Training, Aerospace and Cyber related contracts.
- Experience working on, Cost Plus, Agile, Concept Demonstrator/ Study type contracts.
- Understanding of US FARS and DFARS terms.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).