Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Salary: £63,000 - £90,000
Clearance Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to hold & maintain UK Government Security Clearance
Ever been told ‘that’s impossible’, but then you made it possible? How did you feel? What if your vocation was to make the impossible, possible, whilst protecting the UKs national security?
“My purpose: to lead a team of software engineers with the brightest minds, to push boundaries and define possible together.” Rishi Badiani – Head of Software @ Northrop Grumman UK
As a Principal Software Engineer you will have experience of the full development lifecycle, leading multi-disciplinary Agile teams. You will have experience of technical leadership, requirements analysis and of communicating with stakeholders. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets.
At Northrop Grumman, our teams have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
In return we seek talented software individuals who have had experience and get excited about…
- The design and creation of clean, well-constructed, unit-tested code.
- Leadership of supportive, collaborative Agile teams.
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack.
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of…
- Cloud-based architectures, including AWS or Azure.
- DevSecOps approaches and associated tools such as Docker, Kubernetes or Ansible.
- UX design processes.
- Messaging and routing technologies such as NiFi and Kafka.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira.
What can we offer you?
- Satisfying work - tackle some of the biggest national security challenges
- Option for flexible work hours – we offer Hybrid working; talk to us at the application stage about your needs
- Flexible benefits package - core benefits of Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension
- Employee performance recognition program – including financial rewards
- Unlimited access to online learning – including LinkedIn Learning
Our diverse set of software development projects enable multiple opportunities for enthusiastic software engineers to advance their skills in the latest technologies.