Principal Specialist, Commodity Management & Sourcing (Subcontract Management)
Job Title: Principal Specialist, Commodity Management & Sourcing (Subcontract Management)
Summary of Role:
Within a Business Area, contributes to Subcontract Management activity in respect of partnering and relationship management strategies and responses to customer Requests for Proposal. Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, programme execution and contract closure.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional SLT.
- Creates, executes and manages various International or Domestic subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using various source selection techniques.
- Participates in development of supplier Statements of Work (SOW), and conducts bidders’ conferences as required.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Directs and manages all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system
- Responsible for early subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture.
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies by recommending strategic choices to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Leverages industry capabilities to align with technology roadmaps.
- Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts.
- Leads or is an active member of the Supplier IPT and facilitates relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers.
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the programme(s)/organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- Functional representative at supplier and internal reviews including Gates, MRBs and EACs
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead or perform effectively in a multi functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid-mgmt level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in medium/high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at mid-management level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes
- Experience managing a team
- Ability/Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset