Principle Specialist - Supply Chain Management
Within the National Security Cyber (NSC) pillar of the Cyber, Space & Training (CST) Business Area, contributes to Supply Chain Management activity in respect of partnering and relationship management and supports responses to customer Requests for Proposal. Responsible for all phases of the supply chain from requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation, cost accountability, programme execution and contract closure.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional Leadership Team.
- Creates, executes and manages various subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using various source selection techniques.
- Supporting engineering in the development of supplier / subcontractor Statements of Work (SOW) or Task Orders.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, supports negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations, on cost and T&Cs, in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services.
- Directs and manages (with support of other functions) all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the supplier.
- Responsible for early supplier / subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture.
- Engagement with and support to Engineering to identify technology gaps and new partners / suppliers / academia / think tanks and SME’s to fill them.
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance.
- Increases and improves collaboration with suppliers / partners for current and future strategic opportunities.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain.
- Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts.
- An active member of the Supplier IPT and facilitates relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers.
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the programme(s)/organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- Functional representative at supplier and internal reviews including Gates and EACs
- Supports the production of business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to perform effectively in a multi functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid-mgmt level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in medium complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services, primarily professional services
- Experience in tailoring and flowing down customer Terms & Conditions into a Subcontract, including GDPR and off payroll working rules (IR35)
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at working level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Experience of the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process
- SC Security Clearance
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- Experience of developing a Subcontractor Relationship Management Plan / Strategy
- Experience with ISO 44001 – Collaborative business relationships
- Experience in managing supplier Professional Services
- Experience working in Government, Cyber and/or Defence sector
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset
- DV Security Clearance