Atos improves people’s lives by helping our clients to transform – digitally, culturally, innovatively, and inclusively. We’re trusted to do some of the most important and exciting work in a generation. That’s why we need you – we're looking for people who bring the passion, talent and vision needed to drive sustainable change with better outcomes for society and for the environment. The largest part of our business is in Government and the wider public sector. We retain our clients, and they love our people. So, our business is all about the customer – and it’s all about you:
- Bring your ideas, be brave, be bold, learn, and drive opportunities for growth and to try new things
- Have autonomy, with as much support as you need
- Work with people from lots of different backgrounds to help us drive new thinking and do better work.
Package: Excellent renumeration, plus many benefits that focus on wellbeing, quality of life and family.
The future is our choice. If you want to help harness technology as a force for good, then choose Atos. Not sure? Spend a day with us; talk to employees, customers, partners and more…
The AMS Practice manages, enhances, and maintains custom applications or packaged software by infusing smart automation & robotics, the usage of Agile and DevOps methodologies, and a drive towards continuous delivery & deployment. With an integrated, comprehensive application development, application management and testing approach, we focus on adding business and IT value to our clients.
We assign product managers from our practice to customer projects. Working within an agile multidisciplinary team to create, support and continuously improve products that meet user needs. You will take products through discovery, alpha, beta and live phases of development with the goal of making services and products simpler, easier and faster to use. We are looking for professionals with demonstratable evidence of working with Agile/Scrum. The role will work as part of a multiple disciplinary teams ensuring the accelerated application development across our clients. The role may require frequent travel to client sites, several days a week.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills, and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
You'll be expected to travel to customer and Atos sites UK wide, working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC clearance
Essential Duties & Responsiblites:
As Product manager you will:
- You’’ll be responsible for the quality of the products.
- You will be expected to use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for your delivery teams.
- Define, explain and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, team and stakeholders.
- You will be a champion for user needs, managing a backlog, documenting product knowledge, and communicating plans and progress through various channels including blogs, stakeholder meetings and demos.
- Communicating efficiently and work together within a multi-disciplinary team, fostering the open and collaborative culture to deliver a product and continuously improve it through several iterations.
- engage with users and stakeholders through a range of channels to encourage awareness and use of your product
- Presenting and depicting the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Set measurable goals for your product and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits
- Play an active role in the product manager community, sharing your learning and celebrating progress made by other people and team
Skills we can’t do without:
- You know about agile methodology and can apply an agile mindset to all aspects of your work. You can work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- User-Centred Design Services which can be demonstrated through successful project delivery and the achievement of key success measures for projects.
- You understand and can work within given constraints (including but not limited to technology and policy, and regulatory, financial and legal constraints).
- You can secure funding for agile delivery through a business case and through delivering a good pitch . You can prioritise spending based on return on investment and strategic intent.
- You understand the different phases of product delivery and can contribute to, plan or run these. You can maintain a product or process through the delivery phases, into live and then into retirement. You understand incident management and service support so that products are built effectively.
- You can manage the operational process of designing and running a product or service throughout its entire product life cycle.
- You can understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. You can classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
- You know how to use a range of product management principles and approaches. You can capture and translate user needs into deliverables. You know how to define the minimum viable product and make decisions about priorities. You can write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You know how to work with a range of specialists in multidisciplinary teams.
- You understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are, based on evidence. You can translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs. You can engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users. You put users first and can manage competing priorities.
- Help support the vision, roadmaps and delivery of other products in your programme
- You will have experience of delivering/working in a large-scale software delivery and support organisation.
- Good collaboration and communication skills, particularly with Development teams and influencing them.
- Passion about learning new development technologies and ways of working to improve the outputs of teams and improve customer outcomes.
- Designing and delivering end-to-end digital products in government, Government Digital Service (GDS) agile delivery framework
Skills we’d like:
- SC (security cleared) Cleared or ability to obtain SC Clearance
- Experience participating in GDS assessments
To apply: https://atos.net/psd-uk-job-opportunities