Location: Malvern, England, GB
To lead the delivery of one or more STANDARD or COMPLEX Programme(s). This appointment is for a Programme Manager in the Secured Navigation Integrated Delivery Team (IDT), part of the QinetiQ’s Cyber Information business. The Secured Navigation IDT is a growing business which provides a range of leading Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions to customers, including offering consultancy and advice, undertaking research and development, product development and product sales to a variety of Defence and Commercial customers in the UK and globally.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of one or more programmes within the IDT. In addition, the Programme Manager will be expected to develop and grow customer relationships, lead major bids, support complex bids, secure associated follow-on sales and successfully contribute to the overall strategy and business targets.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Leadership; being able to establish the vision and direction for the programme (in line with the forward business plan), to influence and align others towards this common purpose, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing.
- Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
- Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the programme outcomes.
- Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy.
- Business Development; being able to identify, develop and deliver solutions to our customers’ problems within an appropriate commercial framework to maximise benefit to both our customers and QinetiQ.
- Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Change Management; being able to develop and enact a structured approach to organisational change in support of QinetiQ’s vision, enrolling the impacted people to embrace the changes required to deliver the desired benefits.
- Benefits Management; being able to identify, plan, agree and realise tangible and intangible benefits from the activities conducted within the programme.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with programme customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
- Delivery of the Programme outcomes, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring programme members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the programme and collaborating across QinetiQ.
- Leading the embedding of improvement in the QinetiQ project and programme management function, as agreed with IDT Leads and the Performance Excellence team.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to IDT Lead (or their delegate).
- APM/PRINCE 2 qualification or equivalent
- Previous demonstrable experience of delivering Programmes within a relevant domain at this level.
- A driven and determined individual, able to manage multiple stakeholders, PMs and subcontractors simultaneously
- Sound communication skills
- Proactive leadership
- SC Clearance
- MSP qualification
- Chartered Project Manager
- Experience and track record in delivering complex programmes
- A technical or engineering background
- Customer relationship skills
- Motivation and ability to develop others.
- A willingness to go through DV clearance
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.