Project Controls Engineer - Planning & Cost
Application URL: https://smrtr.io/6SRff
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
Together with our set of specialist asset and property management services, we put passion into applying new ideas throughout the asset life cycle. Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry top services to our clients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Planner to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with our partners and clients within the Defence sector. The role is to join our expanding Bristol and South West team on some of the regions most high profile projects.
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, know objectives and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Breakdown critical path and constraints to understand effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Assist project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor the project manager’s reporting system summarizing the progress status of all projects.
Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Demonstrable Project management techniques.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional working knowledge of project management software and tools.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance (SC) [Essential]
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/