IT Project Manager
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes - Hybrid working model
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join the Information Technology function, taking full responsibility for the successful end to end management of key transformational IT projects. The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, monitoring, controlling, reporting and closure of Raytheon UK IT projects.
The IT function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology to drive revenue growth, improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise Raytheon customer engagement and alignment.
• Manages all aspects of multiple projects concurrently from initiation through closure.
• Develops and implements project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creating of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements and ensuring successful transition to support.
• Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to contain and/or mitigate risk.
• Ensures project quality, schedule and budget objectives are met and deployed solutions deliver targeted business value.
• Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
• Takes full end to end responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of IT projects.
• Selects the appropriate methods, tools and artefacts within the Raytheon IT IPDS delivery methodology, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained in line with agreed governance.
• Identifies project resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Liaises and communicates effectively with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Forecasts resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members, identifying and resolving issues and conflicts where they arise.
• Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using Microsoft Project, and tracks and reports project milestones and deliverables.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and develops and delivers associated contingency plans.
• Ensure all projects are delivered to governance, compliance, and security requirements.
• Establish and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Report and escalate project risks to management and governance function as needed.
Demonstrable Skills and Levels - SFIA Foundation Definitions
• Autonomy - Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
• Influence - Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
• Complexity - Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
• Business Skills - Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role role relates to othe roles and to the business of the employer or client.