Project Scheduler - Broughton, Chester with hybrid home working
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a Project Controller / Scheduler to work within its Airborne integrated project team providing project scheduling and controls support to the Space & Airborne Business. This includes the generation, analysis and reporting of key schedule and earned value management metrics to support the programme in reporting and key decision making.
- Responsibility for the development and integrity of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and ensuring that all activities, events and milestones are logically linked, fully resourced and aligned to the fiscal calendar.
- Supporting the Programme Manager with analysis of trend data and provision of programme metrics for review at Programme Review Boards.
- Ensuring contractual and programme baseline control management is adopted.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team with the generation and analysis of EVM data, and by performing analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
- Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates To Complete (ETCs).
- Supporting the development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS) to ensure effective cost and schedule reporting.
- Supporting Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team.
- Support to the Programme Risk & Opportunity Management Process with risk identification, documentation, and risk analysis, including the tracking of mitigation and capture plans within the IMS as required.
- Experience of working in a Project / Programme Management / Controls environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Project EPM 2010/13/16, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Practical or theoretical Knowledge of IMS and EVM integration
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their teams’ ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with Raytheon standard practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Experienced working with multi-disciplined teams over geographically dispersed sites.
- Current holder of, or eligibility to obtain, SC MoD security clearance
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry
- Working knowledge of Aircraft manufacturing and modification projects.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.