Robotics & Machine Learning Engineer - Space
If you have a sixth sense for data science, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that needs the talents of people who are at home analysing, managing, designing and predicting complex datasets and breathing life into AI systems.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
As a Robotics and Machine Learning engineer with the Autonomy and Robotics Group you will be responsible for helping to develop and support a range of autonomous solutions for both space and non-space applications.
What you can expect from us
Business is transforming fast. And at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your applied academic knowledge in an exciting application domain. This will include the development of innovative but applied solutions for robotics subsystems such autonomous navigation – mapping, localisation and path planning – autonomous scene assessment – applying state of the art machine learning techniques for scene understanding and classification.
In-depth and applied knowledge of robotic systems and machine learning systems is essential as is extensive and applied hardware experience with robotic systems including sensors and mobile platforms.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Ph.D. or M.Sc. in a relevant field such as robotics systems including and/or machine learning
• Excellent all-round programming skills in any of the following: Java, C++, C, Python, Real-time systems, Linux (various) and Windows
• Applied, Autonomous mobile robot systems expertise
• Sensor knowledge for LiDAR, Cameras, DSLRs, Thermal Imaging, Stereo Cameras, Depth Cameras, IMU, GPS etc
• Sensor Calibration
• Visual Odometry
• Pose Estimation
• 3D visualisation including Unreal Engine or similar
• Candidates must exbibit a strong theoretical grasp of Deep Learning and Deep Learning modelling approaches
• A track record of applying Machine Vision and Deep Learning including the implementation of algorithms for real-world problems in the image and video domain ideally using libraries / frameworks / architectures / algorithms such as OpenCV, CNNs GANS, Tensorflow, PyTroch and Caffe, Deployment systems (NVIDA suite included Jetson variants for Edge based processing), AlexNet, VGGNet, ResNet, GoogleNet, Inception, Deep Learning Algorithms such as FasterRCNN, MaskRCNN, Yolo, SSD, DeepLab, SPP-net, FCN, U-Net, PSPNet etc.
• Direct experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Blumix, Google etc.)
• Electrical engineering qualifications
• Ability to interpret and write Technical Documentation.
• Willingness to travel to various offices