Gloucester OR Manchester
Summary of role
With cyber crime and threats increasing across the globe, The Raytheon Team (TRT) are working closely with our customers to develop software solutions to help reduce these threats.
We pride ourselves on flexible working, empowering creativity and supporting our employees. Each member of the team is a player in the success when delivering to our clients.
If you're looking to expand your horizons by learning new technologies, TRT offer on-going professional development. This is via formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management skills.
- Lead scrum\team meetings
- Help the team apply the AGILE principals and guide them in understanding it.
- Ability to develop individuals initially resistant to agile
- Help the team to self-organise and get the most out of their combined skills
- Coaching team on how to break product down to allow frequent testing and release value frequently
- Be aware of any impediments/problems and find ways and or people to remove/correct these
- Help a team to mature and guide them through difficult situations to where the team feel comfortable.
- Built trust with the team to a level where they will share problems without fear of blame, retribution or being judged and them having confidence that the SM will solve these problems.
- Facilitate the different Scrum meetings and other discussions and do conflict resolutions.
- Assist in building relationships, communication and information flow between teams.
- Supporting the Product Owner with grooming, goals and maintaining the product backlog.
- Support the team as a servant leader whenever possible and lead by example.
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions
Candidate Requirements / Desirable Skills
- Previous experience of a technical role is essential to ensure you have the right level of knowledge within software development
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Knowledge and experience developing Agile methodologies
- A proven track record of developing effective agile teams
- A track record of working effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- At least 12 months in the role for a software development team that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement and empowerment of a team.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK.