Security Operations Centre Operator
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’ multi-tenant infrastructure.
AWS is looking for an exceptional Security Operations Centre (SOC) Operator, to work in a team of technical and non-technical experts, with cyber security management and operations room experience as part of the monitoring and incident response team.
This position will be working in a team of industry-leading security experts operating with UK customers to operate and continuously improve security programs and processes. This team manages the underlying security programs and processes for personnel security, physical and logical accreditation, education, awareness and training, assurance, and cyber security. This position will be part of a team which monitors, analyses and responds to threats.
This role will contribute to the development of the SOC, at a high pace, to execute the team’s vision. We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated candidate who can prioritise well and can communicate clearly and compellingly. This SOC Operator will have a deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
Among other duties, the SOC Operator will:
· Be part of SOC operations for incident detection and response for a number of locations, building, developing and coordinating a specialist team
· Coordinate and triage incidents and alerts, and manage escalations and response appropriately
· Coordinate with the different incident response leads and escalation stakeholders
· Develop standard operating procedures and use cases for monitoring and incident management
· Collect, correlate and analyse security data to detect external and internal threats and vulnerabilities to our services and infrastructure
· Prepare detailed status update reports, gathering evidence, evaluate the vulnerability and risk and delivers a plan to respond to contain and remove security threats as quickly and safely as possible
· Deliver to key security performance indicators that ensure service delivery and service improvements
· Coordinate the integration and adoption of new security services within the monitoring and detection capability
· Develop and create reports for management updates and escalations
· Help to optimise tools and processes that prepare the SOC to respond to security threats of the future
· Provide guidance and technical expertise to deliver a professional service
· Continuously monitor processes and drive improvements in efficiency and quality of our security programs
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 4+ experience in the security field
· 2+ experience in monitoring, incident response and security operations management
· Degree or equivalent experience in (Computer Science, Engineering, Cyber Security, IT Security Management, Security Risk Management)a related security field
· Experience with log analysis systems, like Splunk or ELK
· Familiarity with Windows and Linux logging systems
· An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
· Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
· Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Must be able to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
· Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modelling and enterprise application integration
· Ideal candidate will have an intermediate or better level of knowledge of a variety of regulated security programs in multiple fields (personnel security, program security, physical security, and education, awareness, and training)
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.