Senior Java Developer
Over the coming 12 months CGI are actively looking to grow our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit due to increased client demands across the area. This means we are currently looking for Java Software Engineers at various levels (junior-mid-level, senior & Consultant) with strong hands on Java experience to join the team on a range of different projects.
Individuals will be based out of our Gloucester office and can expect a mix of on site / hybrid working depending on the nature of the project (due to the nature of the work some projects will require you in office full-time & may require some occasional travel to client sites or different CGI offices)
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Writing well designed and efficient code
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Working closely with the project team including testing / design authority / project management, to ensure all work is completed to the required standard
• Help with the delivery of ambitious and novel solutions – being able to think outside of the box to overcome technical challenges is essential!
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Familiar with Agile approach and software engineering practices including Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Looks to build quality into the solution at every step with a focus for continually improving
• A positive attitude: There are unique challenges to our work. The requirements, the technologies and the problems we are solving can change at short notice. We need people who are pragmatic, who can adapt as situations evolve, who enjoy new experiences and always want to learn new things.
• An approachable personality: An open, collaborative and professional demeanour is essential. Many of our roles involve working directly with our clients. We need people we can trust to present themselves well. People who represent and enhance the reputation of CGI.
• Platforms - AWS, Azure and OpenShift and Linux (RHEL/CentOS).
• Technologies: ActiveMQ, React, NiFi, Hadoop, Apache Kafka, ELK Stack
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.