Senior Manager, Commodity Management & Sourcing
Summary of Role:
Commodity Manager conducts Make v Buy exercises, develops sourcing strategies and Business Cases, selects sources, negotiates and manages supplier agreements of various types associated with complex supplier requirements. Liaises with suppliers at various management levels to drive improvement and resolve disputes. Contributes to Business Area strategies via specific commodity strategies. Manages and monitors supply chain and supports the drive for business growth, efficiency, profitability and inter company relationships.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Responsible for all personnel providing Diirect Commodity Management services to the Raytheon UK Business. These people management responsibilities include Recruitment, Performance Assessment, Career Development Planning, Grading and Remuneration.
- Liaising with peers from other functions and RTX businesses and the Functional SLT. Leads or supports cross-functional teams in conducting Make v Buy exercises and developing and deploying commodity strategies.
- These strategies include:
- direct spend commodities,
- Target Return on Investment (ROI),
- commodity risk management,
- service levels, and
- approved/preferred suppliers.
- Engages with Stakeholder Business Leads regarding supplier bid and selection criteria.
- Leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Leverages commodity opportunities and synergies across RTX.
- Ensures that strategies are in alignment with market conditions, Raytheon requirements, goals and growth plans.
- Leverages supplier and industry capabilities in conjunction with the Businesses to align technology roadmaps and identify gaps to link supplier capabilities with Raytheon requirements.
- Develops Commodity Agreements
- Develops and manages tenders. Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Works with suppliers and functional stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering, strategic relationship management to deliver required performance
- Establishes and manages supplier relationships to include supplier continuous improvement/development goals.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Experience managing a team
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Ability/Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead effectively in a multi- functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief and influence at senior level
- Experience in high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating high complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at senior level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements with Service Level KPIs
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Experience of working with complex suppliers/programmes
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset
- Experience as Control Account Manager