Service Catalogue Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The purpose of the Service Management team is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of delivering services to our customers and business functions. This role requires an understanding of best practices for Service Management frameworks as well as a varying degree of knowledge of the customer’s domain in order to understand and provide relevant assistance to improve their ways of working and to assist in delivering value.
The role of Service Catalogue Manager is to create and execute industry standards for service catalogue management.
Core Responsibilities (across all grades):
Knowledge and skills
- Have an overview of Northrop Grumman’s capabilities, expertise and offerings, and be able to provide information about them, utilising available tools and templates.
- Have the ability to multi-task across various functions and contexts.
- Have the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of Northrop Grumman and our Customers staff and to influence without authority.
- Have a good working understanding and knowledge of the common tools (MS Office suite, Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, MS Teams, Webex etc) and industry methodologies (ITIL, DevSecOps, Agile, etc).
- Have an in-depth understanding of service management framework principles and processes and the ability to apply your technical knowledge in project or programme activities.
- Be able to maintain focus on the whole life of service delivery, from designing to developing to delivering and operating. You will understand how a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service.
- Have an understanding of client expectations and ensure that the delivery of service content and style matches them.
Be aware of all tools and processes within the business, and maintain a working knowledge of those applicable to the role, ensuring that information and data is always kept up-to-date (e.g. resource demand)
- Take ownership of problems and proactively identify obstacles that may impact service delivery or operation and actively work to remove or mitigate them.
- Awareness of change control processes to ensure that all changes are documented, assessed for impact, efficiently actioned to avoid disruption to cost, schedule and resources.
- Feed into, support and influence appropriate changes to Northrop Grumman’s service delivery strategy.
- Work to provide new relationships within the customer organisation, to Northrop Grumman’s portfolio and secure new, mission critical work.
- Identify appropriate stakeholders, and engage with them around the key aspects of our work in order to ensure full understanding on both sides.
- Support the business development and account teams in new business, renewals and extensions and be pro-active in identifying opportunity to engage early.
Communication and Leadership
- Be an escalation point for service related activities and fully understand the path for escalating risks and issues.
- Identify, analyse, manage and monitor relationships with and between stakeholders.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills for written, oral and face-to-face communications and presentations.
- Influence your peers and work within the account to streamline and improve processes.
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement within the service delivery framework.
- Share best practice across the accounts.
- Continue to look for opportunities to further develop knowledge and experience and to keep abreast of current tools, processes and methodologies either currently in use or with the potential to improve current working practices.
- Ensure that all work is consistent with defined standards and will withstand professional scrutiny.
- Ensure high quality and delivery standards are met. The professionalism to reflect on and improve personal performance is a key attribute.
- Be passionate in solving our clients’ most complex mission challenges and want to be a part in growing a business to its full potential.
You will need the following skills specifically for this role, to be applied along with your wider knowledge and experience of IT Service Management practices.
- Accountable in providing a single source of consistent information on all services and service offerings, and to ensure that this catalogue is available to the relevant audience.
- Responsible for the creation of a Service Catalogue Plan, and ensuring that the plan is maintained and updated in accordance with the programme.
- Responsible for the design of the Service Catalogue that will be made widely available to users through an IT Service Management Tool Suite.
- During the design phase, you will be responsible for performing due diligence and gap analysis on legacy information. You will then go on to create and develop the templates and workflows required for the Service Catalogue, performing value stream analysis for optimisation.
- Responsible for establishing the Service Catalogue through management of implementation from development through test and onto operations. Management of training plans and training material required to support the Service Catalogue.
- Ensure all procedures and documentation are updated and maintained during the design and establish phases of the Service Catalogue, and then endure during the operation of the Service Catalogue.
- Management of the Service Catalogue ensuring that Service Descriptions, request pro forma and digitalised workflows are kept up to date.
- Functional Management of the team of Request Fulfilment Handlers who are responsible for supporting requests and usage of the Service Catalogue.
- Work closely and collaboratively with all other Service Delivery personnel in order for the overall success of programme delivery to our customers.
Other requirements for recruitment:
- Travel requirements: some UK travel will be required. Occasional international travel may also be required.
- Clearance requirements: Must hold clearances applicable to the role.
- Valid UK passport and driving licence.
Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.