Snr Manager, Procurement (Discipline Lead – Weapons &Sensors BU)
Job Title: Snr Manager, Procurement (Discipline Lead – W&S)
Location(s): All locations with travel as required
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain within a Business Area, is responsible for all Procurement activity. Executes and manages routine and non-routine procurements at various values and complexity. Identifies and manages commercial risk. Leads or supports Contract Management strategy and activity in respect of responses to Requests for Proposals. Negotiates Purchase Orders and changes. Interfaces internally and externally at senior level. Contributes to Business Area strategies.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Responsible for all personnel providing Procurement services to a Business Area. These people management responsibilities will include Performance Assessment, Career Development Planning, Grading and Remuneration and may involve some day to day prioritisation of workload and guidance/support with problem resolution.
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional SLT.
- Sources, negotiates, awards and documents purchases for materials, services, and supplies.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Support early supplier identification and engagement for new business pursuits.
- Responsible for Supply Chain bid/proposal activities for strategic pursuits.
- Utilizes source selection techniques (best value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.), performs cost analyses, conducts negotiations, and identifies supplier risks.
- Interface with Integrated Product Teams to understand technical challenges and provide solution options for "buy" technologies.
- Provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture as it relates to introduction of new suppliers to mitigate risks with regard to early supplier decisions.
- Ensures that requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers.
- Manages supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Interfaces with internal and supplier cross-functional organizations.
- Assists in the development of bids and agreements.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Works with suppliers and other stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering and strategic relationship management to deliver value for the organisation
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies by recommending strategic choices to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Facilitates relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers.
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- May be required to participate at supplier and internal reviews including Gates, MRBs and EACs
- Produces support data or business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Minimum of 5 years managing a team
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Ability/Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead effectively in a multi functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid/senior level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating high complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at senior level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Experience of working with complex international suppliers/programmes
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset