Software Developer - 146011
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. Our mission focused work is innovative, inspiring and technologically challenging in a way that makes every day different and stimulating. We provide the opportunity to work on rare projects, with exciting tools and brilliant people. Everyone has access to unparalleled professional and personal development opportunities and your contribution is always valued. (SSG)
This is a unique opportunity to join our software delivery team, alongside our critical customers and partners to solve some of their most pressing problems.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities focusing on Geospatial solutions in an Agile team.
• Responsible for software development and software testing.
• Communicate with the customers, gather their requirements and obtain feedback.
• Be a problem solver, enabling data insight to solve our real-world technical problems in an agile environment
• Have some responsibility for reviewing the work of others and upskilling less experienced team members.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Software development in an agile environment
• Knowledge of some of the following: REST APIs, Python, ESRI ArcGIS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Bamboo, Ansible, AWS, Linux
• Make technical decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
• Able to perform broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
• Most importantly, self-motivated and keen to keep learning.
Security Clearance: The nature of our work means you will be expected to obtain and maintain a DV clearance, so if you don’t currently have one, we will need to undertake pre security checks before starting the role with us.