Software Project Manager
Over the coming 12 months CGI are actively looking to grow our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit due to increased client demands across the area. This means we are currently looking for Software Project Managers at various levels (junior-mid-level, senior & Consultant) with strong delivery experience to join the team on a range of different projects.
Individuals can be based out of our London, Surrey, Reading, Bristol, Corsham, Gloucester or Chippenham offices and can expect a mix of on site / hybrid working depending on the nature of the project (due to the nature of the work some projects will require you in office full-time & may require some occasional travel to client sites or different CGI offices)
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leading a team to deliver
• Establishing a team structure in a highly-integrated client team
• Ensure that Agile development, deployment and related technical activity is suitably planned, prioritised and managed
• Providing advice to the client on Agile delivery, including approaches, tools and techniques
• Working to capture, prioritise and manage a backlog of requirements
• Senior-level engagement, including presentations and briefings, in support of the activity
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated ability to understand high level technical concepts and communicate issues clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
• Working collaboratively and building strong working relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of work instruction and local procedures
• Working in complex IT project environment throughout the project lifecycle
• Working in a fast moving, complex Customer oriented environment
• Working in a Service Delivery Environment
• Knowledge of different commercial delivery frameworks, e.g., fixed price, time & materials, billing entitlement
• Project financing and reporting
• Working with sub-contractors
• Knowledge bid management, managing POs, invoices, monthly internal reporting,
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.