Technical Lead for SatCom Applications projects
CGI Space is working on several exciting projects in the Space Data Applications area, including working with safety/security critical SatComs applications, 5G/SatComs Hybrid Networks, new start-up SatComs constellations and secure SatComs gateways.
We are looking for a senior architect to join our team to provide technical ownership and leadership for new projects in these areas. The architect will have responsibility for defining and managing the overall Systems Engineering. The role will include the chance to develop exciting new proposals while delivering on existing commitments in parallel.
The successful candidate will have experience of taking technical solutions for large-scale, complex integration projects through from initial requirements analysis to operational deployment. They will lead a team of talented engineers and form a crucial part of the overall project management team.
This role is based in Leatherhead with the ability to work from home ~1 day per week on most projects if desirable. There will be an occasional requirement to visit customer sites.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK Security Clearance (SC).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create, validate and take responsibility for quality solutions for large-scale, complex problems involving the use of Satellite Communication (SatCom) networks
• Align selection and application of technology with customer and business goals
• Analyse and develop customer requirements and technical specifications
• Present solutions to customers and collaborate with them to build win-win scenarios
• Define and manage systems engineering processes
• Maintain technical baseline and manage change
• Drive adherence to engineering/technical standards
• Identify, assess and mitigate technical and non-technical issues and risk
• Continue to build knowledge of the domain and share it with the team
• Create, maintain and deliver quality, in-depth technical documentation
• Estimate resources required for new projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong background in Satellite Communications and IT solutions architecture
• Design of networks incorporating SatComs
• Experience of implementing Systems Engineering techniques in a lead role
• Experience with defining and maintaining technical baselines using Systems Engineering tools such as Enterprise Architect, DOORS, or similar
• Experience as technical lead including working with sub-contractors who have responsibility for delivering parts of the solution according to derived requirements
• Work package management
• Working knowledge of modem technologies, link budgets, SNMP, NETCONF
• Experience of working with existing SatCom networks
• Experience of SatComs on the move (SOTM)
• Integration of COTS software and management of interfaces (e.g. via ICDs)
• Software Defined Networking
• Mobile communications (ideally LTE or 5G)
• Designing systems which are deployed into cloud environments
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.