Training Equipment Service Lead
Job Title: Selborne Training Equipment Service – Lead
Location(s): Portsmouth/UK travel
Summary of Role:
The Training Equipment Service Lead role is responsible to the Raytheon Selborne Training Equipment Service Manager for leading and managing the provision and sustainment of training equipment planned maintenance and asset management in support of the delivery of naval training within the Selborne contract. The role will be based in HMS Collingwood in Fareham and will require regular travel to naval training sites across the UK.
To lead and manage the provision and sustainment of training equipment planned maintenance and asset management elements of Selborne Training Equipment Service across the naval training estate. Provide management and the mentoring to a number of training equipment teams who operate across the naval training domain and whose responsibilities include; the auditing training equipment, asset management, the management of planned maintenance, the delivery of the project management of training equipment installations and the provision of IT Support
The roles main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the provision of the Raytheon provisioned Planned Maintenance Management (PMM) service across all naval training sites within the Selborne contract.
- Manage and co-ordinate the provision of the Raytheon provisioned Asset Management System (AMS) across all naval training sites within the Selborne contract.
- Deputise for the Selborne Training Equipment Service Manager, providing leadership and management oversight of the following Raytheon delivery teams; Training Equipment Project Management Team, Defence Diving School Maintenance Team, Training Equipment Availability Teams (TEAMS (SE & SW)) and the IT Support Team.
- In conjunction with Training Equipment Service manager, responsible for identifying and implementing system / process improvements in area to enhance service delivery to RN customer
- Act as the Raytheon primary point of for all matters relating to the delivery of Raytheon PMM and AMS services within the Selborne contract.
- Act as a point of contact for external vendors supporting overall Raytheon Equipment Training Services provision
- Support the development and deployment of the future Fisher Asset Management System (FAMS) software platform and the processes required to support the efficient and effective operation of the FAMS solution.
- Manage the provision of new customer training equipment support requirements and the deployment of new training equipment maintenance solutions.
- Monitor and maintain the Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel training records and support performance development process of Raytheon personnel involved in the delivery of Raytheon training equipment services.
- Support and where required lead inter-disciplinary working groups with the customer and other Selborne contract partners to resolve challenges associated with the delivery of equipment services.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Training Equipment Service team members.
Detailed knowledge and practical experience of:
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Professional level qualification (at or equivalent to a Degree) within the MOD training / engineering domains.
- 5 years prior experience in the provision of Equipment Support Services within a UK Defence environment.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary, dispersed teams
- Life cycle programme management process and execution.
- Project management tools and applications.
- UK MoD lifecycle maintenance procedures and processes.
- Full driving licence.
Should have some experience in:
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) (Desirable).
- ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace (Essential).
- Recent experience of working within Defence/Industry collaborative projects.
- Experience in the promotion of equality and diversity within a multi-cultural environment.
- A working knowledge of MoD regulations and procedures relating to equipment maintenance and lifecycle management.